Seeking addiction treatment is a courageous step toward achieving lasting recovery. Avedis Recovery is a detox and residential addiction treatment program in Los Angeles, CA, that provides a safe, supportive environment for clients to begin their journey toward sobriety. What to expect in detox and rehab if you or a loved one is considering treatment at Avedis Recovery.
What to Expect on the First Day of Detoxification in LA, California
Detoxification, or detox for short, is the process of allowing the body to rid itself of drugs and alcohol while managing withdrawal symptoms. Detox in Los Angeles, CA, is typically the first step in addiction treatment and is crucial for successful recovery. However, detox can also be a challenging and uncomfortable experience for clients.
Upon arrival at our drug and alcohol detox in Los Angeles, CA, clients will be evaluated by a team of medical professionals to assess their physical and mental health. They will undergo a comprehensive medical and psychiatric evaluation to determine the best course of treatment. During the detoxification process, clients will be closely monitored to ensure their safety and comfort. They may experience withdrawal symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, sweating, and anxiety, which will be treated with medication as needed.
Here are some common physical and emotional symptoms that clients may experience during the detox process:
Physical Symptoms of Detox:
- Nausea and Vomiting: Nausea and vomiting are typical withdrawal symptoms, especially during the early stages of detox. These symptoms can be managed with medication and by eating small, frequent meals throughout the day.
- Sweating: Sweating is a common withdrawal symptom and can be managed by staying hydrated and wearing comfortable clothing.
- Headaches: are another common withdrawal symptom and can be managed with over-the-counter pain medication and by staying hydrated.
- Tremors: Tremors, or shaking, are common symptoms of alcohol withdrawal and can be managed with medication and by resting as much as possible.
Emotional Symptoms of Detox:
- Anxiety: Anxiety is a common emotional symptom of withdrawal. It can be managed with medication and by participating in relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or meditation.
- Depression: Depression is another common emotional symptom of withdrawal. They can be managed with medication and by participating in individual or group therapy sessions.
- Irritability: Anger and irritability are common emotional withdrawal symptoms. Self-care can manage them, such as getting enough rest and engaging in physical activity.
Call us to know what to expect in detox and rehab in Los Angeles,CA. Everyone experiences drug and alcohol detox differently, and the severity of withdrawal symptoms can vary depending on the type and amount of drugs or alcohol used. The medical and mental health professionals at Avedis Recovery in Los Angeles, CA, are experienced in managing withdrawal symptoms. They will work closely with clients to ensure their safety and comfort during detox. By completing the detox process, clients can move on to the next phase of addiction treatment with a clearer mind and a greater chance of success.
What to Expect at Avedis Detox & Recovery
The staff at Avedis Recovery are experienced in managing the physical and emotional symptoms clients may encounter during detox.
Ways you’ll get through these difficult detox days:
Medical Monitoring: The medical staff at Avedis Recovery will closely monitor clients’ vital signs and physical symptoms throughout the detox process. If necessary, they provide medication for withdrawal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, headaches, and tremors.
Emotional Support: The mental health professionals at Avedis Recovery will provide emotional support for clients during detox. They will work closely with clients to manage emotional symptoms such as anxiety, depression, and irritability. Clients can access individual and group therapy sessions to discuss their feelings and receive peer support.
Nutrition and Hydration: Proper nutrition and hydration are crucial for successful detoxification. The staff at Avedis Recovery will provide healthy meals and snacks throughout the day to help clients maintain their strength and energy. They will also encourage clients to drink plenty of water and other fluids to stay hydrated.
Rest and Relaxation: Rest and relaxation are key during the detox process. The staff at Avedis Recovery will encourage clients to get plenty of rest and to participate in relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, and yoga. They will also provide opportunities for clients to engage in leisure activities, such as reading, playing games, or watching movies.
The staff at Avedis Recovery are committed to helping clients through the complex and trying days of detox. They will provide comprehensive medical and emotional support to ensure the client’s safety and comfort during detox. By completing the detox process, clients can move on to the next phase of addiction treatment with a clearer mind and a greater chance of success. Call us to find out what to expect in detox and rehab.
Beyond Detox: A Sample Addiction Treatment Daily Schedule
After detox, clients will begin participating in the residential addiction treatment program. They will follow a structured daily schedule that includes individual and group therapy sessions, educational classes, and recreational activities.
Avedis Recovery offers a range of evidence-based treatment modalities, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and trauma-informed therapy. These therapies are designed to help clients develop coping skills, manage cravings, and identify and address the underlying causes of addiction. A typical day in drug and alcohol rehab at Avedis Recovery is structured and designed to promote healing, personal growth, and recovery.
Here’s a sample daily schedule for Avedis Recovery:
- 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM: Breakfast
- 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM: Meditation and Mindfulness
- 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM: Morning Meeting
- 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM: Group Therapy
- 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM: Individual Therapy or Family Therapy
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Educational Sessions (topics may include relapse prevention, stress management, and life skills)
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: Lunch
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Outdoor Activities (such as hiking or yoga)
- 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM: Specialty Group Therapy (topics may include trauma recovery, dual diagnosis, or LGBTQ+ support)
- 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Holistic Therapy (such as art therapy or equine therapy)
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Free Time (such as reading or journaling)
- 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM: Dinner
- 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM: 12-Step or Support Group Meeting
- 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM: Evening Reflection or Spirituality Group
- 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM: Free Time (such as watching a movie or socializing with peers)
- 9:00 PM: Bedtime
The daily schedule may vary depending on the client’s specific addiction treatment plan. For example, some clients may have additional individual therapy sessions or participate in alternative therapy modalities such as music therapy or acupuncture. Because schedules can vary, contact us to learn what to expect in detox and rehab.
Additionally, clients may have designated times throughout the day to attend to personal needs such as attending medical appointments or family engagements. However, the daily schedule is designed to be structured, supportive, and engaging, providing clients with a routine that helps them build a foundation for recovery.
Addiction Treatment Modalities Used at Avedis Recovery
Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is talk therapy that helps clients identify and change negative thought patterns and behaviors. CBT treats addiction and co-occurring disorders, such as depression and anxiety.
Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is a form of CBT that emphasizes mindfulness, emotional regulation, and interpersonal skills. DBT treats addiction and co-occurring disorders, such as borderline personality disorder.
Trauma-informed therapy is a type of therapy that addresses the effects of trauma on mental health. Trauma-informed therapy treats addiction and co-occurring disorders like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Protocols for Co-occurring Disorders
Many people with addiction also have co-occurring disorders, such as depression, anxiety, or trauma. Avedis Recovery offers specialized treatment for clients with dual diagnoses. Protocols for co-occurring disorders include medication management, individual therapy, and group therapy. Avedis Recovery has a team of medical and mental health professionals who work together to create a treatment plan for each client.
Seeking addiction treatment is a brave step toward lasting recovery. At Avedis Recovery, clients can expect a safe, supportive environment where they can begin their journey toward sobriety. By following a structured daily schedule and participating in evidence-based treatment modalities, clients will have the tools to achieve lasting recovery.
Is alcohol having a destructive impact on your life? At Avedis Detox Center, we provide the tools and resources to reclaim control of your well-being. Our compassionate staff offers an individualized approach to craft a custom timeline toward sobriety. You can achieve true recovery as they teach behaviors that better serve every aspect of physical and mental health. So if it’s time for lasting change, call 833.514.0579 today!