Deciding to seek sobriety is a meaningful step towards personal success. However, the holidays can complicate that decision as situations arise that may pressure you to drink or use substances. Stay sober during holidays by determining which resources can best support you and obtaining those resources. Avedis Detox Center offers relapse prevention programs as well as detox and therapy. Our programs are individualized to your care, so you can be sure that you get the depth of care you need. To support a sober holiday, find the right addiction recovery in Los Angeles today.
Recovery During Holidays With an Addiction Rehab Center in Los Angeles
Support relapse prevention by engaging in fun, sober events that enforce the basic tenets of substance abuse treatment and relapse maintenance. Some of the following ideas are the ways that you can better identify which activities may be right for you:
- Build healthy relationships with people who support your sobriety.
- Avoid old routines that supported your substance use. This can include avoiding friends who still use substances or avoiding places where substance use took place.
- Identify what triggers substance use and know how to avoid those triggers.
- Practice healthy habits. Yoga, regular exercise, proper nutrition, and mindfulness practices can help you stay on track.
It can be too easy to fall back into the cycle of addiction. Your best bet is to stay away from the routines you had before. Find people who support your healing. When the holidays come around, continue to follow these simple rules for your healthful living.
Ways to Stay Sober During Holidays
Recovery during the holidays may lead to compulsive behaviors as you are faced with the stress of different gatherings in the workplace, at home, or among family and friends. Finding activities that support your recovery during holidays can help with relapse prevention. The following are some examples of activities that support staying sober during the holidays:
- Baking can help you follow through on the steps of a task that ends in a satisfying treat. This tangible bonus can also be enjoyed with the family.
- Go for a run, take a dance class or a yoga class. Yoga focuses on holistic healing, mobility, and removing toxins from the body.
- Enjoy a quiet movie night at home.
- Take a walk.
- Spend an evening taking in the arts or get crafty at home by hosting a painting party or a craft night.
- Invite friends over for a sober sports night or board game night.
- Go for a hike in a local nature spot. It doesn’t have to be a weekend warrior activity. Just get out and get those endorphins working for you.
- Play an instrument, game, or spend some time journaling.
As you can see, these activities range from physical activities to hobbies that you can pour yourself into to enjoy. Either way, by engaging yourself in activities that keep your mind and body occupied, you can share your sober self for the holidays. With the aid of an addiction rehab center in Los Angeles, you can find personalized help to maintain your sobriety through the difficult holiday season.
Stay on Track This Holiday Season with Avedis Detox Center
With Avedis Detox Center’s addiction recovery in Los Angeles, the holiday season can be transformed into a time where you can repair relationships and truly enjoy your life. Our holistic approach to treatment will treat you as a whole person. Work with our experienced professionals to outline a personalized plan for your sobriety. We urge you to call us at 833.514.0579 today to learn more about our programs for this holiday season. We’re here to help you make it through your most meaningful holiday yet.